JOB TITLE: Contracts Manager
DURATION: 6 months (with the aim to extend)
START DATE: ASAP
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE: To manage a number of concurrent projects through to completion and have responsibility for successful delivery - on budget and on time whilst meeting the customers' expectations.
JOB HOLDER NEEDS TO DO:
To manage client's expectations and resolve where possible issues and disputes throughout all stages of a project and enquiry.
To take project ownership and be responsible for delivering the project on time, on budget and to the agreed acceptance criteria. To attend contract handover meetings chaired by the Operations Director to develop baseline programme. To receive handover pack from sales encompassing;
- Baseline Programme of Works
- Scope Working within agreed company procedures and formats.
Contract Management Duties
- Contract Manager with overall responsibility for the successful delivery of the project, on time, on budget and to the agreed specifications.
- Maintain & Update Gantt Chart against baseline
- Manage and report on project costs (Actual and Forecast) for ALL elements of the project including materials and resources. Report to be monthly and issued to the Operations Director and the Commercial Manager.
- Responsible for ensuring all appropriate documentation, specifications, drawings are approved by the client.
- Ensure Project folder is maintained and kept up to date
- Ensure Correspondence logs are maintained and kept up to date
- Resource Planning - identify to the Engineering Managers the resource needs for the project and update the resource plan on a regular basis.
- Develop and manage contingency plan throughout project covering milestones, available resource etc.
- Identification and Submission of VO's to client whilst informing the Commercial Manager
- Submission of documents/specifications for Client approval
- Issue Completion Certificate & Handover
- Attend Contract Reviews and submit:
- Progress against baseline programme (revised Gantt Chart)
- Cost report detailing, costs to date, committed and anticipated for ALL elements of the project.
- Summary of progress to date, issues and next milestones.
JOB HOLDER NEEDS TO KNOW:
- Budget control.
- Programme Control through effective use of Project Management tools & techniques
- Resource planning and forecasting
- Engineering Health and Safety and other Legislative Requirements.
JOB HOLDER NEEDS TO HAVE EXPERIENCE OF:
- 5 years in Engineering / Project Engineering role
- Specification, design, installation and commissioning of equipment with internal and/or external resource.
- Project management and control techniques.
- CDM, CE, PUWER, HSAW.
- Demonstrable track record of the management of contracts, client and/or contractor disputes, contractors, project team, consultants and other external resource
JOB HOLDER NEEDS TO BE/DEMONSTRATE:
- Able to influence internally and externally at all levels.
- Proven Commercial acumen.
- Proven Project Management techniques
- Problem solving and innovation.
- Meeting facilitation and management.
- Negotiating skills.
- Management of client/project disputes
- Presentation and communication skills.
- Independence and personal drive.
- Can lead and be lead depending on level of input of a particular project
- Ability to prioritise when conflicting requirements for resource present themselves
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit www.progressiverecruitment.com
Progressive Recruitment, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75501607