The Organisation: With 250 services and 4000 staff across the UK, CareTech Community Services is a national provider of support for people with complex and challenging behaviours associated with autism, learning disabilities, mental health illness and neurological conditions. In operations since 1993, we have developed our services to support people to live as independently as possible within their own homes and also residential care.
We are looking to recruit a Deputy Manager to be provide care & support to service users with learning and physical disabilities. You will be covering two homes in Erdington, one of the homes is a 10 bed and the other is a 4 bed, both homes are within 1 minute of each other.
Responsibility of the Deputy Manager:
- To deliver a quality service designed to meet the individual needs of all Service Users
- To manage a team of staff ensuring they are all equipped with the necessary skills, training, experience and supervisions
- To ensure you all are working within the regulations of the Care Quality Commission and all associated legislations
- Responsible for the delivery of the service which takes into account all of the day to day operational requirements, and also quality measurements and monitoring.
- Deputising for the registered manager, and be the responsible manager in their absence carrying out all the duties that this position entails.
- To be responsible for the day to day running of the service, taking into account the maintenance of the unit and equipment.
The successful candidate for the role will need to have:
- At least 3 years’ experience in a line management / supervisory capacity
- Relevant professional qualification / accredited vocational qualification Level 4
- Experience of managing budgets and budget control
- Have experience using IT systems such as Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Knowledge and first-hand experience of current Health & Social Care and excellent knowledge of CQC regulations
- An understanding of, and commitment to Equal Opportunities
- An ability and desire to develop the service and build effective relationships to ensure full occupancy
- Ability to communicate effectively across multi-disciplinary teams, both internally and externally
- Have sound knowledge and understanding of the CQC Compliance Standards
-Have the ability to optimise occupancy and development of new services
- Possess the ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Have the ability to complete reports timely and professionally
Due to the nature of the position, successful candidate will be required to complete an enhanced DBS disclosure prior to commencement of employment, the disclosure expense will be met by the employer.
Unfortunately we are unable to contact all candidates due to the large volume of applications we receive. If you have not heard from a consultant within the next 14 days please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion. Please do not hesitate to apply for other suitable roles in the future.