As a member of the CDP design department you will be part of a small, but highly skilled, engineering team working on specialised multi-platform applications. This is a great opportunity for a design engineer to be involved in the design and development of components and subsystems that will form the future of their military driveline technology.
The incumbent will be primarily involved in the creation of schemes, detail designs and drawings for components and subsystems for both wheeled and tracked driveline applications. Key functions of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Work with Shrewsbury Design Manager, Senior Design Engineers and Product Specialists, to understand design requirements.
- Use the design requirements to develop schemes, detail designs and drawings within Creo CAD modelling software.
- Presenting new designs internally.
- Creating design scheme study reports.
- Supporting FMEAs
- Provide technical support for supplier reviews.
- Provide technical support for customer reviews.
- Work with Design Manager and Senior Design Engineers to develop design and drawing release schedules.
- Work with Shrewsbury NPI project management team to ensure the design milestones of a project are met.
- Provide design support for new product build.
- Work with US engineering teams to help develop their military engine range.
- Supporting Shrewsbury's current military engines and transmissions through the engineering change process.
To apply for this position you should have some of the following:
- A degree in Mechanical Engineer to a BEng, MEng or equivalent level is desirable.
- Previous experience in a mechanical design Engineer role.
- Working Knowledge of 3D CAD software. PTC Creo is desirable.
- Worked as part of a multi- disciplinary engineering team.
- Good Communication skills with the ability to build relationships.
Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role. To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship.
Fort further information, please contact Teresa Anderson @ Jonathan Lee Recruitment.