We are looking for a Learning Mentor to join the teaching support team of this local, large Primary School where you will be working across Key Stage 2. This is a larger than average Primary School with a high number of children with EAL who need additional academic support. The School offers pupil a good setting in which to develop and work towards achieving target levels across all primary subjects. Your brief will be to work with children on a 1-2-1 or small group basis to support their transition and enable them to enjoy some specific support in areas where they may feel less confident.
We love working with this school, it invests in pupil welfare and offers an extremely wide range of support for children regardless of their academic capacity. The school is popular with local parents and encouraged them to support learning within and beyond the school gates.
To apply for this role you must be:-
- Learning Mentor or TA used to working in a large busy Primary School
- Used to working with primary-aged children experiencing difficulties with learning
- Happy to go the extra mile to support children who want to learn but lack the exposure at school level or struggle with EAL
- Able to set academic targets and enable progress on a small group or 1-2-1 basis
- Confident, communicative and above all totally committed to making a difference
- Able to demonstrate a minimum of six months in a similar role with proven results
For an immediate local interview please email me your CV or call for an informal chat.
The Education Network is committed to Safer Recruitment and recruits to Compliance+ standards. Any appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check in addition to other safeguarding checks. The Education Network is an equal opportunities employer. The Education Network is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy.