Corporate Communications Manager
Our client is the largest integrated veterinary service provider in the UK with turnover in excess of £200m and over 5000 employees. They operate several key business areas; 420+ veterinary surgeries, diagnostic laboratories, a pet crematoria division, a successful ecommerce business and two buying groups. They have doubled in size in the last three years and have further expansion, development and diversification initiatives planned for 2017 and beyond.
They currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Corporate Communications Manager to join their businesses to work in close collaboration with the Marketing Team and stakeholders in the Practice Division and Group to deliver an effective and integrated corporate communication, PR, corporate website and events programme.
You will be a key contact for all press and media enquiries and as such you will be required to have a deep understanding of the practice division and all sales & marketing activity. In addition, this role will proactively seek PR opportunities to raise the profile as well as to protect the reputation. It is essential that the Corporate Communication Manager keeps abreast of current and anticipated trends in the business and is able to react quickly with relevant content, social media, PR statements and reputation management, where applicable.
Within this role you will predominantly be based in Earlswood, Solihull but will also be required to travel to meetings and veterinary practices around the UK & Netherlands, Head Office in Norfolk and also event locations from time to time with some overnight stays. Some weekend work may also be required for the attendance of annual events.
Key Duties to include:
• To develop and manage a series of key stakeholder relationships with for example universities, The Royal Veterinary College and events working with internal stakeholders to deliver the objectives agreed in the corporate communication plan
• To keep the CVS Corporate website up to date coordinating with various stakeholders
• To promote the profile of the company behind the brand internally and externally including new acquisitions
• To Maintain strong working relationships with the veterinary sector press (trade and consumer) and wider media channels and maintain a media enquiries log
• Ensure that the practices are adhering to the Social Media Policy and engaging with negative posts and complaints protecting the company and practices reputation
• Researching, writing, coordinating inputs from stakeholders and distributing impactful press releases, brand/product copy, online content that supports all elements of brand communications
• Develop and manage a series of key stakeholder relationships with for example universities, The Royal Veterinary College and events working with internal stakeholders to deliver the objectives agreed in the corporate communication plan
• Maintain the relationship with the company charity of the year coordinating the annual plan and leading the fundraising activity engaging with the Group stakeholders
Key skills required:
• Previous PR experience including crisis media handling experience
• Strong negotiating and influencing skills
• A working knowledge of social media and digital communication channels
• Experience developing on line content and copy writing, you will have an excellent standard of written English and faultless copy writing skills
• Excellent communication skills, including good listening and presentation skills, and the ability to present information with clarity and confidence, verbally and in writing
• Self-driven with the ability to use initiative, prioritise and plan ahead
• An aptitude for working in a fast paced environment, to deadlines and getting things done
• Strong relationship management skills and ability to engage and network with stakeholders at all levels
• The ability to interpret data and use it to offer relevant insight
• A strong attention to detail
• Creativity and analytical ability
• Strong IT skills
• Full driving licence
To apply please send both your CV and covering letter by using the apply button provided on the page.
Closing Date: 1st September 2017
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75498461