Supplier Quality Engineer - Automotive
Role: Supplier Quality Engineer
Salary: £33,000 - £40,000 + Benefits
Are you a Quality Engineer looking for a new challenge? Do you have proven experience of working within the automotive or similarly fast paced industry? If this sounds like you and you want to work for a leading 1st tier automotive supplier business offering excellent prospects and a great working environment then read on…
Due to continued success a leading tier 1 automotive supplier based in Coventry is looking for the next addition to their Supplier Quality team.
The responsibilities of the Supplier Quality Engineer are as follows:
- To raise, monitor for actions and close Supplier based Quality concerns. To assist the Supplier in the necessary activities required to effectively close such issues in a timely manner
- To approve Supplier PPAP and APQP activities for new products and Engineering changes
- Promote good Quality practices across the Supplier base in addition to using continuous improvement to improve Supplier performance. This may include End Customer expectations on the Supplier base
- Perform audits on Suppliers as necessary and ensure corrective actions are implemented on non-conformities raised
- Develop and maintain and Supplier Quality Manual (SQAM), in addition to ensuring that the manual is in line with the requirements of the latest version of TS16949
- Monitor Supplier performance on Quality related issues. Eg Quality concerns; repeat concerns
- Be involved, as necessary, on Supplier selection processes
- To effectively communicate Supplier related information to other departments as necessary
- Implement Supplier development upon Suppliers in line with the requirements of the Company Quality System
- Support the Supplier base, as necessary, in responding to Quality and performance related issues
The successful Supplier Quality Engineer will have the following skills/experience:
- Quality background with necessary experience in corrective action resolution (8D, 5Y etc), APQP and PPAP.
- Must have knowledge of Quality Systems, with experience of auditing to the requirements of TS16949
- Experience in data analysis, QOS and business measures is required
As the successful Supplier Quality Engineer will gain the opportunity to build a career in quality with a leading Automotive engineering company, you will benefit from a competitive package and excellent career prospects.
Please forward your most up-to-date CV together with salary details quoting ref 12145/DS or by calling Dan Smith on .