This role will involve monitoring financial projects, a wide range of funders and ensuring all tasks are done to time and date. You will also get involved in budgeting, forecasting and providing advice to budget holders and project leads.
My client is a well-established Public Sector organisation based in central Birmingham with an outstanding reputation nationally and internationally.
The key responsibilities in this role involve managing a portfolio of research grants and providing an outstanding level of financial administration to budget holders and project leads. You will also be monitoring expenditure of research grants, preparing and submitting monthly, quarterly and final project expenditure claims and also sending out and preparing regular financial reports for budget holders. You must deal promptly with queries, assist with the preparation of budgeting and forecasting and support the finance department in any way required.
The ideal candidate must:
- Be AAT qualified, ACCA/CIMA/ACA part qualified or have equivalent experience - essential
- Have previously worked within a finance department - essential
- Have a knowledge of the education sector - desirable
- Have outstanding IT skills - essential
- Have outstanding verbal and written communication skills - essential
A generous starting salary with significant progression opportunities once in post + pension + 25 day annual leave + a potential extra 13 days holiday