Resourcing Advisor - FTC
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
To achieve our ambitious growth plans we recognise we need to recruit the very best, as a Resourcing Advisor you’ll be part of team dedicated to directly sourcing the best available talent to our business. This is a 6 months fixedt term role that will support the national resourcing of drivers, to ensure candidates and line managers experience a first class recruitment service.
Reporting to the Resourcing Manager ,the Resourcing Advisor will lead the recruitment process from scoping the requirement, to advertising, screening and facilitating assessment and offer management.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Work with the Resourcing Manager to capture, forecast and plan resourcing activity
• Partner with the business to qualify resource requirements, advising on routes to market
• Use all database and web resourcing methods and ensure all roles are advertised on the appropriate websites and manage responses within the agreed timescales
• Create and post recruitment adverts/campaigns, ensuring they are legal, non-discriminate and in line with Wincanton recruitment policies
• Resource and qualify candidates in accordance with agreed timescales
• Conduct initial screening of candidates and short-list CVs for relevant vacancies
• Liaise with local HR/Operations team to organise interviews/assessments, ensuring that all candidates are fully briefed about the role and location prior to be assessed.
• Responsible for the submission of candidate short-lists to the BU HR/Hiring Manager
• Communicating effectively and confidently, over the phone, face to face and in writing, offering support and guidance throughout the recruitment process externally and internally
• Handle resourcing queries in a proactive, customer focused way
• Understand company market positioning and branding to develop a compelling pitch to generate candidate interest
• Support with offer management and tracking, and onboarding where required
• Tracking and maintain candidates through an Applicant Tracking System
• Record maintenance to ensure internal compliance, to include job descriptions
• Assist in developing creative ideas and strategies to promote Wincanton in the community and actively promote the brand throughout the recruitment process
• Where required, travel to Regional locations to support recruitment activities
Experience, skills and attributes:
• Resourcing experience, either in-house or agency
• A can do proactive attitude
• Self-managing the ability to plan and priorities a busy and varied workload
• Confident with Microsoft office
• Passionate about recruitment, striving to provide a first class service and finding the best talent!
• Previous Driver or Warehouse recruitment experience, or volume recruitment
• Experience with developing and running Assessment Centre
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75499812