Pyschologist / Psychotherapist - Children's Services
PSYCHOLOGIST/ PSYCHOTHERAPIST - CHILDREN’S SERVICE IN WORCESTERSHIRE
Career Progression, brand new Children's Service in a beautiful location
About the Role:
We are seeking an experienced Clinical, Counselling and Forensic Psychologist / Psychotherapist to join our welcoming new team at Hidelow, our brand new specialist Children’s Service on the Herefordshire / Worcestershire border.
The service is easily commutable from Bromyard, Leominster, Worcester, Hereford, Malvern and surrounding areas.
We provide Young People aged between 8-18 years with practical, therapeutic and emotional care and support, enabling them to lead as ordinary lives as they can achieve.
Working within a clinical and within the wider integrated team of professionals within CareTech, this role applies psychological knowledge and expertise to service users and professionals within the group e.g. education and care staff. Primarily, our work supports children and young males aged 10-18 who present with a number of complex interpersonal, emotional and behavioural issues a number of the young people within our care have experienced significant trauma. The activities include conducting psychometric and risk assessments, formulation and developing, providing and evaluating individual and group therapy, consultation to teams, training and service development for the young people placed, or for those referred to for assessment or specific therapeutic interventions. If your best traits are positivity, friendliness and innovation then this job is for you!
Benefits of being a CareTech Employee:
* We provide a full induction programme to Care Certificate Standards
* We provide FREE training to achieve qualifications in Social Care
* Career progression path within the company
* Employee Assistance Helpline
* Flexible Additional Holiday Purchase Scheme
* Retail discount vouchers
* DBS check paid by CareTech prior to starting with us
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
* To provide a specialist psychology input to Young People and the CareTech integrated team
* To provide specialist psychology input supporting and promoting positive mental health and emotional well-being
* Undertaking assessments and interventions to meet the needs of individual Young People
* To ensure registration and compliance to code of ethics of relevant governing bodies e.g. BACP, BABCP, UKCP, BPS, HCPC
* To report to the Clinical Operations Manager and prepare, attend and participate in regular supervision and other meetings as required
The Successful Candidate for the role will have:
* Honours Degree in Psychology / Counselling Psychology / Forensic Psychology / Psychotherapy qualification
* Post-graduate level training in Clinical, Counselling or Forensic Psychology or relevant psychotherapy qualification
* Live registration or eligible for immediate registration by governing body (BACP, BABCP, BPS, HCPC etc.)
* Experience of working with children / adolescents and their families or carers
* Hold a current driving licence valid for use within the UK and have, on appointment, access to a car
CareTech Community Services established in 1993 has 250 services with continuous growth with new developments/services.
CareTech Community Services is a national provider of support for people with complex and challenging behaviours associated with autism, learning disabilities, mental health illness and neurological conditions. We support people to live as independently as possible within their own homes and also in residential care.
All applicants will be subject to satisfactory references and all employees are checked against the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS). Under the Equality Act 2010, some posts may have a minimum age requirement, based on the age of the oldest child in the service you are applying for.