Security Account Support Manager
Job Title and Location:
Account Support Manager, Midlands Region, primarily based in Lichfield
Supporting the following area’s within the Midlands Region; Birmingham, Worcester, Nottingham, Northampton & Cambridge
Reporting to the Account Manager the successful candidate will be responsible for managing all requirements of the sites allocated to their designated portfolio to ensure Assignment Instructions are complied with and KPIs met. This will include liaison with clients to deal with all contractual matters and staffing issues, from recruitment through to welfare and discipline. The position requires a professional, well-informed and consistent approach to both internal and external contacts thus conveying the professional image and exceptional standards of our company.
We seek to start this role at the earliest opportunity.
Circa £23.5K annual salary (paid monthly).
Provided with the relevant laptop, mobile phone and tablet device this role is primarily working on a shift pattern of the following: early duties (6AM-2PM), late duties (2PM-11PM), with one weekend off in every three. Operating from our Lichfield Office, the successful candidate will attend site meetings to visit staff and clients within the designated region. Having a driving licence to drive between sites across the region is essential.
Flexibility and commitment is vital to ensure we are able to meet our contractual obligations and provide the highest standards of service to our customers. On occasions some out of hours incidents may occur and our Assistant Account Managers are expected to take responsibility for the situation in hand.
- Attend site meetings with clients and third parties when required
- Ensure all contracted hours are fulfilled on client premises and in the event that cover cannot be found for a client site it may involve the ASM attending site until cover can be found. This also includes out of hours if the ASM is the on call Duty Manager, further details regarding the Duty Manager rota are below.
- Attend meetings at our offices or other premises as requested by senior managers
- Provide line management to all members of staff based at sites within the designated region
- Action all emails / administration requests and senior management directions in a timely manner
- Take full ownership of issues that may arise and resolve in a pro-active and timely manner
- Provide all management information requested, meeting deadlines
- Develop knowledge of Time-Gate and provide support to the National Communications Centre
- Ensure KPI targets are met and take action to address areas of concern
- Ensure Assignment Instructions and Risk Assessments are maintained for all sites within the portfolio
- Deal with all staff welfare matters in the appropriate manner, liaising with HR when required
- Conduct investigations into any allegations of misconduct or grievances
- Complete disciplinary processes for members of staff
- Ensure all staff are trained to the required standards for sites
- Approve annual leave ensuring sufficient cover is maintained at sites within the contract
- Complete arbitrations of duties on a weekly basis to ensure staff are paid correctly
- Liaise with the Recruitment Team and undertake responsibilities for recruiting new staff to sites
- As part of the Account Support Team there will be a requirement to go on the Duty Manager rota one week in three or as the business requires. This will involve being the first point of call in the event of an out of hour’s incident or emergency.
Essential criteria to meet:
- Be smart and well presented at all times, leading by example to show the high standards required
- Have experience within the security industry, with a proven track record for quality service
- Be polite, helpful and diligent, with a 'can do’ ethos with strong negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Have the ability to work to deadlines and effective time management skills
- Be in possession of an SIA Licence and have awareness of health and safety requirements
- Have excellent communication skills and be able to deliver the highest standard of customer service
- Be experienced in managing staff, including welfare, disciplinary and development issues
- Have a driving licence and the ability to attend all the sites within the designated region
- Be able to demonstrate a high standard of IT skills to use Time-Gate, Email, Word and Excel effectively
- Have experience of managing budgets and providing management information
Please assume that if you have not heard anything within a month of your initial contact then you have not been successful on this occasion. Thank you for expressing your interest in this role.