Teaching Assistant - Bromsgrove, Redditch, South Birmingham
We are looking for a Teaching Assistant to support core subjects in this exceptional Secondary PRU. What makes it exceptional? The absolutely fantastic leadership team and what can only be described as amazing outdoor facilities. The young adults who are being educated in this setting are here because they are struggling to make progress in a mainstream education setting the impact of which often results in challenging and antisocial behaviour. This school has a "clean slate" policy i.e. when the pupils arrive whereas their background and previous experience in taken into consideration it is not used to label them in this setting. Each young adult is given the opportunity to understand their own challenges with learning and develop supported strategies to enable them to enjoy a love of learning. Combine this with the wonderful outdoor facilities, full sporting and personal development programme and you are looking at a recipe for success.
We are proud to work with this school where pupil progress and supported learning programmes are a priority.
To apply for this role you must be:-
- An experienced Teaching Assistant used to working with challenging behaviour
- Sporty - Happy to support lessons outdoors and use sport as a learning medium
- Able to work with young adults struggling with core subject
- A brilliant listener - It is not always how loud you talk but how hard you listen that makes the difference
- Happy to work with young adults with very mixed abilities and attitudes to learning
- Used to working on a 1-2-1 or small group basis
- Able to demonstrate you have the right skills, experience and attitude for this role
In return you will enjoy:-
- Good rates of pay
- Long-term prospects with additional CPD as required
- Exceptional support from your local Consultant
To apply you must have:-
- Recent relevant experience working at school level as a TA , Learning Mentor or LSA
- Education-based refences
- Current DBS or happy to apply for a new one
For an immediate local interview please email me your CV or call for an informal chat.
The Education Network is committed to Safer Recruitment and recruits to Compliance+ standards. Any appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check in addition to other safeguarding checks. The Education Network is an equal opportunities employer. The Education Network is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy.