Personal Tax Senior (reporting direct to Managing Director) - IMMEDIATE START
Small and friendly practice based in Cannock, Staffordshire (about half and hour's drive from North Birmingham).
Contact: Please ensure you provide your mobile number and personal email when you reply.
This role requires preparing, reviewing and submitting individual, partnership, and sole trader tax returns; client management and practice development activities. Possibility of involvement with corporation tax return preparation and submission.
Major Responsibilities & Duties:
· Implement client’s engagements from start to finish (planning, executing, directing, and completing tax returns).
· Prepare, review and submit tax returns of individuals, partnership and sole traders, (involves preparing accounts, training will be provided). Make recommendations regarding accuracy and tax savings opportunities.
· Occasionally prepare more complex tax returns for individuals and partnerships for review by Director, before submission.
·Proactively interact with key client management to gather information, resolve tax-related problems, and make recommendations for business and process improvements.
· Gain understanding of client operations, processes, and business objectives.
· Possess an understanding of income tax issues.
. Perform other job-related duties as necessary.
· Corresponding with HMRC
Requirements & Qualifications:
The successful candidate will possess the following basic qualifications:
· Excellent project management, analytical, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
· Experience in tax management..
· Ability to thrive in a dynamic small team environment
· Professionalism, dependability, integrity and trustworthiness combined with a cooperative attitude.
· Highly motivated self-starter with ability to multi task and complete assignments within time constraints and deadlines.
· Dedicated to superior client service.
· Strong organisational skill and attention to detail.
The successful candidate will possess the following experience:
· Minimum of 1-3 years of professional experience, preferably in an accounting firm.
· Tax skills with proficiency in tax compliance.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office software programs, including spreadsheet programs (i.e. Excel).
· Strong understanding of income tax
· Broad understanding of corporate tax, VAT and capital gain taxes.
· Broad exposure to accounts preparation of sole traders.
Training will be provided in our software systems, as well as on accounts preparation of sole traders.
£20k to £25k - Commensurate with experience.