Mechanical Engineer - Kidderminster
Our client, a manufacturer of niche defence products, is seeking to recruit a Mechanical Engineer to join their UK Operation.
The Mechanical Engineer will work as part of a team on projects ranging from design concept, demonstration, development, qualification and production, through to customer support. A methodical and organised approach to work will be essential.
Key Responsibilities of the Mechanical Engineer will include:
- Managing design evolution to meet customer requirements
- Responsibility for clearance of detail production drawings
- Leading and completing DFMEA's
- Approving production processes and tooling
- Demonstrating compliance with customer requirements
- Producing and delivering formal technical presentations to the customer
- Producing product technical specifications and detailed technical reports
- Ensuring appropriate validation testing is carried out prior to formal qualifications.
- Leading formal design reviews at the relevant design phases and ensuring actions are taken and completed on time
- Leading technical investigations
- Liaison at all levels within the business, manufacturers and suppliers
- Arranging/managing specific trials such as structural testing, laboratory scale testing (quantitative testing of materials, etc)
Key Skills and Requirements for the Mechanical Engineer:
- HNC, HND or degree in Mechanical, Aeronautical or related Engineering discipline
- Excellent understanding of engineering and manufacturing techniques
- An ability to assimilate and evaluate technical information from a wide range of disciplines
- Attention to detail
- An ability to present complex problems clearly and logically to other specialist and non specialist engineers
- A good understanding of DFMEA, 'Design to Cost' and 'Design for Manufacture' principles
- Excellent document/report writing skills.
- Working within a defence related industry
- Trials/assessment testing experience (e.g. structural testing, vibration, etc)
If you are interested in finding out more about this exciting opportunity, please contact Sarah Davies.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75494335