Logistics Import Operative
I am recruiting for some experienced Import Operative/Coordinators based by Birmingham Airport; from either the Sea, Road or Air Freight logistics industry to work in a role which will oversees the full process from start to finish. This is an exciting opportunity to work for a 'family feel' Logistics company where it is all about delivering the best customer service.
You will be responsible for the full process, from start to finish of the logistics of importing goods. This will include the booking/planning of transport, quoting and invoicing to clients, the completion of all documentation and customs clearance and solving problems as they arise, at all times building relationships and keeping your suppliers and the clients updated.
My client is a leading British logistics provider headquartered in Birmingham. Established over 35 years ago, they have the credibility and a reputation that allows them to continue to expand within the UK and worldwide arena using their global infrastructure of partnerships and agents. They operate ocean freight and air freight services with a balanced portfolio of inbound and outbound blue-chip clients with an emphasis on the technological solutions that we deliver as part of our proposition.
TYPICAL DAILY JOB DUTIES - WHAT ARE YOU RESPONSIBLE FOR?
- Arrange haulage with shipping lines/hauliers.
- Negotiate and agree charges for all types of shipments, which may include containers (FCL/LCL & out of gauge), refrigerated units, ISO tanks and hazardous cargo.
- Develop and build relationships to ensure a high level of customer service is provided to clients.
- Take requests and queries and resolve them effectively and efficiently.
- Communicate (using email, telephone and internet systems) with overseas agents and clients clearly, precisely and accurately and resolve issues and complaints in a timely manner.
- Ensure customs clearance documents are on hand prior to vessel arrival.
- Prior to the release/delivery of cargo
- Collect all correct documentation.
- Secure the payment of cleared funds for:
-COD (cash on delivery) accounts.
- Process supplier invoices.
- Maintain customer and supplier spreadsheets.
- Ensure that the departmental manager is aware of the status of all shipments.
Sea Freight Operative
- A minimum of 1 years experience in sea freight forwarding
- The ability to complete CFSP/Home Use/IPR entries.
- Familiarity with all relevant documentation for different modes of transport for ADR and IMDG shipments.
- A clear understanding of how duty/VAT is calculated.
- Understands when duty is applicable or should be reduced and the documents required to obtain the reduction.
Air Freight Operative
- A minimum of 1 years experience in Commercial air freight forwarding
- Experience involving shipments from Far East, Indian Sub-Continent and/or USA would be ideal but not essential
Road Freight Operative
- A minimum of 1 years experience in European road freight forwarding
All freight operatives must have the following
- Experience of booking and planning of transport
- Experience of shipments from and to worldwide destinations.
- Knowledge of customs clearance checks/documentation
- Experience in quoting to and invoicing of clients
- Experience in the creating of, checking of and processing of all relevant importation documentation.
- Good verbal and written communication, to provide a professional image to customers and suppliers.
- The capacity to work in a high pressure environment whilst remaining calm when under pressure.
- The ability to instruct a global network of agents, suppliers, shipping lines, hauliers.
- The skill to prioritise a large number of tasks to ensure accuracy, and deliver results with great attention to detail and a high sense of urgency.
- A positive attitude and good problem solving skills and to apply lessons learned.
- Multimodal experience with the use of all forms of haulage, sea, road, rail and air would be ideal but not essential.
***PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU HAVE IMPORT AND CUSTOMS CLEARENCE KNOWLEDGE/EXPERIENCE***
PACKAGE AND BENEFITS
- £20,000-£27,000 dependant on experience
- Mon-Fri 8.30-5 (one shift per month working until 6pm and potential of up to 3 Saturday's (9-12) PER YEAR)
- 20 days + 8 Bank Holidays
- Free Car Parking
- On-site canteen with free tea/coffee and soft drinks
- Annual activity fun day
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU? ARE YOU INTERESTED IN THIS ROLE? THEN I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.
Please send your cv and call Melissa Patrick or Adam Price on 0121 643 6954
***If you have not received a response within 48 hours, unfortunately your cv has not been selected on this occasion***
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75490139