Emergency Response Officer
Emergency Response Officer
Contract type: Permanent
35 hours per week
Salary: GBP 18,000 - GBP 20,000 per annum DOE
About the role
We have a fantastic new opportunity for an Emergency Response Officer to join our team where you will coordinate the Emergency Response Volunteers within the area.
The Emergency Response Officer will deliver a wide range of activities within the area, including responding to major incidents, fires and floods. They will work as part of the emergency response team to further develop the British Red Cross emergency planning role, to engage with external organisations and support our volunteers to build local resilience to emergencies.
The post requires regular evening work, being part of a regular 24 hour duty officer on-call rota and potential emergency response duties at any time throughout the year.
Based at either of our offices in Stafford or Shrewsbury, the role will be covering the Shropshire and Staffordshire area. As such, you must hold a full driving license with access to a vehicle and willing to travel as required.
About the person
With experience of building and maintaining effective working relationships both internally and externally, candidates should also have:
- ? Experience of delivering high quality services to the public
- ? Experience of creating and monitoring budgets and data
- ? Experience of developing or working in multi-sector partnerships at a tactical and/or operational level
- Experience of dealing with complex situations and tasks
- Strong IT proficiency; experience of using email, word processing and spreadsheet packages
- Ability to contribute to the development of operating plans
- Knowledge of Health and Safety practices
- Knowledge of legislation relevant to emergency response and planning
- An understanding of how to improve service quality
- The Ability to collate and interpret a range of management information including statistical information and user feedback
- Full driving licence and access to vehicle
Closing date for applications is 23:59 on the 20th of August with interviews taking place on the 31st of August.
Please click here to view the full job description and person specification for this position.
About the organisation
The British Red Cross helps millions of people in the UK and around the world to prepare for, respond to and recover from emergencies, disasters and conflicts.
Our volunteers and staff help people in crisis to live independently by providing support at home, mobility aids and transport. We also teach first aid skills.
We are part of the global Red Cross and Red Crescent humanitarian network. We refuse to ignore people in crisis.
We offer a wide range of staff benefits, these include:
- 36 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
- Up to 6% contributory pension
- Childcare vouchers
The British Red Cross is committed to being an inclusive employer with a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from people from the widest possible diversity of backgrounds, cultures and experiences - including disabled and ethnic minority candidates. This is to contribute to the breadth of experience we need to respond to people in crisis.
As part of its recruitment and selection process the British Red Cross undertakes PVG/DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) checking of all individuals who regularly work with or have access to children and vulnerable adults.
The British Red Cross, incorporated by Royal Charter 1908, is a charity registered in England and Wales (220949) and Scotland (SC037738).
Follow us on Twitter @RedCrossJobsUK and on Linked in - British Red Cross, to hear about our latest job vacancies.
Refusing to ignore people in crisis