Mechanical Design Engineer
We are looking for a number of experienced Mechanical Design Engineers that have extensive design background's using Solidworks and a history of working in the automotive industry.
As a Design Engineer you will be designing or Modifying various Brake System Products as required by the business.
- To design outstanding product to the best of one's ability.
- To follow requirements specified in Product Change Requests, (PCR).
- To follow and where possible achieve targets laid down in formal Project Design Guidelines.
- To follow specific ISO9001:2000 requirements lain down in the company manual.
- To follow generic product guidelines.
- Complete calculations as required to satisfy the product is within material stress levels, meets the performance envelope, and meets dimensional requirements.
- To contact and work with suppliers, when required, to ensure designs are to the most efficient production methods.
- To contact customers, when required, to ensure his requirements are met.
- To specify the correct test requirements to ensure product meets the specified performance.
- To assist and/or control the development of product.
- To raise product Bills of Material as necessary.
- To raise Manufacturing Instruction Specifications as necessary.
- To assist other areas of the business as required with engineering issues.
- To attend off-site meetings with suppliers, and customers including Race Meetings as specified in the individual's contracts of employment.
- To embrace new technology including new software whenever required by the business.
- To attend training courses as required.
- Complete and maintain accurate, timely documentation and records as required by the business.
- Maintain the required standards of Health and Safety and housekeeping.
- Support other teams and functions as required by the business.
- Undertake self-development activities as required by the business.
- Undertake any other tasks or duties as required by any Director or relevant level authority within the business
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of processes and practices operated by the Company.
- Automotive mechanical design background