Digital Technical Project Manager
Our client is a leading video hosting platform. They are committed to helping businesses around the globe realise the full commercial potential of video through a simple and intuitive platform that just works.
Based in London, but with staff around the world, they pride ourselves on maintaining a small, but friendly working atmosphere complete with fresh fruit, snacks and breakfast, Friday beers (optional), and a truly awful coffee machine (it's not that bad).
They are looking for a Digital Project Manager with Agile and Kanban experience to own the production process. This would see you planning and overseeing timely and on budget delivery of the projects and features.
You will be driven to increase efficiency and productivity in the agile based development process, an expert in risk management, and a strong communicator who can keep stakeholders fully up to date on progress.
Having worked with Agile, Scrum and Kanban before you will be no stranger to breaking down stories into tasks, getting them estimated by the development team and lining them up in sprints to be worked on.
With 4+ years project management experience you will be able to own project management across the company. A technical foundation within your degree level education / career will mean you to truly understand the projects you're managing.
We expect you to...
- Be capable of shaping practical solutions to challenges and applying judgment in decision making
- Have worked in teams that delivered complex technical projects on time and on budget
- Have experience working in a UX led development process
- Experience using multiple project management techniques and tools to maximize the efficiency of project delivery.
- Understand how to use data and analytics to drive effective product development
- Have proven technical problem solving skills
- Be a strong completer / finisher - organized and sees things through to the end
- Have clear vision on how you believe project management should be run and the ability to execute on it
What you'll be doing...
- Working closely with stakeholders to develop project objectives that are fit for purpose, rigorously prioritised and scoped for available resource
- Building requirements into a backlog of stories and working closely with the team to sort them into sprints
- Using appropriate tools to track project progress / cost
- Running daily stand ups, reviews and retrospectives
- Actively identifying, managing, reporting and resolving risks and issues
- Reporting progress to stakeholders on both a regular and an adhoc basis
- Planning delivery, including communication of plan to stakeholders
- Feed information on development progress and potential future work around the various departments and up the chain for management / board use
If this sounds like the next great step in your career, get in touch!