bet365, one of the world's leading online gambling companies, is a driving force in the development of enterprise and Internet technology. The Infrastructure department are looking for a Desktop Engineer to join this exciting and vital part of the bet365 family.
The Company employs numerous highly skilled engineers across a range of technical disciplines to achieve impressive and continuous annual growth. Investment in technology is fundamental to this success.
The main focus of the role is to ensure that the user base has sufficient desktop equipment and resources to perform their roles and to maintain the equipment to the highest standards including patching and maintenance.
• Diagnosing PC hardware, mobile devices, printer and Operating System issues and resolving with minimum downtime.
• Building new PCs to business standards as required.
• Maintaining asset register.
• Maintaining adequate desktop equipment stock levels, replenishing as necessary.
• Ensuring PCs are patched with the latest security updates.
• Organising the movement of PC and Telephony equipment between desks (office moves).
• Transferring knowledge to colleagues and ITSM personnel through the publishing of Knowledge Base articles and inclusion of full resolution information for all tickets.
• Adhering to all published processes and procedures.
• Adhering to the working practices as outlined in Standard Operating Procedures.
Key Skills and Attributes:
• Experience in an IT Support role.
• Confident diagnosing Windows 7/10 and setting up desktop/laptops.
• Microsoft Office suite.
• Excellent customer service and support skills.
• Good time management and problem solving skills.
• Ability to work without supervision and under pressure.
Desirable Skills and Qualifications:
• Previous IT experience, ideally in a similar role
• CentOS and macOS
• Understanding of the ITIL framework
• Relevant IT qualifications
• Experience with Altiris, Shavlik or Spacewalk
To apply, send your CV and Covering Letter, quoting the Job Reference Code DENG0717RD to Human Resources Department, Hillside (Shared Services) Limited, bet365 House, Media Way, Stoke-on-Trent, England, ST1 5SZ or click on the link to apply. The closing date for applications is Friday 1st September 2017.