Production Supervisor Section Manager
Job Description For Vacancy No: 234824T
Consultant: Tim Bees
Company Profile: Our client has been a manufacturer of diesel engines and power solutions for over 75 years, to the highest levels of performance and reliability. They have grown to become one of the leading suppliers of diesel and gas engines in the power solutions market.
Job Location: Staffordshire
Job Position: Production Supervisor (Section Manager)
Job Status: Permanent
Job Description: The Production Supervisor (Section Manager) is responsible for leading production employees to execute the machining, assembly, test, paint and engine finish processes within the manufacturing facility, to deliver a world-class product to our customers. This role utilises our client's Production System (Lean Manufacturing) Principles to deliver People, Quality, Velocity and Cost (PQVC) improvements and results.
As a World Class manufacture of diesel and gas engines, we are looking to develop the team and leadership of the future.
The Role: We are looking for highly motivated individuals with a passion for leading others within a Manufacturing Operations environment to deliver world-class products for our customers. Individuals will be developed towards leading and managing a section of the production process, and all production employees working on this process, to achieve the targeted results for the section.
The ideal applicant will be motivated, hard-working, confident and will embrace change. In return for your dedication and hard work, you will be provided with excellent career opportunities and strong support for your personal and career development.
The successful candidate will have the following experience;
- Managing / leading teams of 30+ personnel
- Previous experience of being responsible for and managing area metrics
- Experience of working in a Manufacturing Environment
Responsibilities: Key job duties will include:
- Monitoring & improving safety across all production processes.
- Meeting schedules and production requirements.
- Determining priorities and utilising the workforce to deliver results on a daily basis.
- Producing products to meet quality standards while maintaining cost.
- Implement corporate initiatives such as 5S, Lean Manufacturing, Production System, 6 Sigma and Internal Certification.
- Evaluating, assessing, and identify training needs of the workforce.
- Supervisory responsibilities, including: employee briefings, managing time and attendance, employee engagement and implementation of company policies.
- Ensuring the effective utilisation of workforce.
Salary/Rate: GBP28,266- GBP40,000 (Depending on Experience)
Fringe Benefits: 10% Annual Bonus
25 Days Annual