At Gist Limited we are constantly raising the standard in everything we do to achieve our vision of being the customer's first choice for logistics innovation, excellence and partnership.
We recognise that the key to our success is our people. For us to deliver the best service to our customers, maintain a strong reputation and continue to grow we need to recruit and develop the right people.
What's the opportunity?
As an HR Advisor at Gist, you will be responsible for the day to day running of the HR department at your site. You will provide an effective advisory service to management and employees, assisting the Regional HR Manager in providing robust HR strategy and advice, focusing on engagement at all stages of the employee lifecycle.
This position will be based in our Primary distribution centre in Stone, Staffordshire.
- Ensuring the operational success and development of the HR department, working closely alongside senior site management.
- Providing coaching and support to the management team in terms of development and performance management.
- Playing a key role in setting the right culture across the site and holding key individuals to account where necessary.
- Providing guidance on HR policies and processes.
- Involvement in matters of employee relations, including disciplinary and grievance issues.
- Support with recruitment and selection activity on site, particularly drivers and warehouse operatives, ensuring the balance of teams is positioned correctly.
- Assist the HR Manager and General Manager in developing and driving the site people plans.
- Providing managers with the tools they need to manage absence, team development, performance etc.
- Delivery of induction training for new starters, consistently updating welcome pack information.
- Ensuring all elements of HR administration are carried out - e.g. starters, leavers, referencing, security and compliance checks, etc
- Maintaining accurate and up-to date information on the HR system.
- Weekly/Monthly management reports.
- Responsibility for various ad-hoc HR and Administrative tasks.
What will you need to succeed?
- Experience within a logistics/ manufacturing environment in a similar HR Advisory position.
- Ideally CIPD qualified or working towards.
- Previous experience within the logistics and supply chain sector would be highly desirable.
- Excellent relationship building skills.
- Ability to prioritise and manage a varied workload.
- Creative with the ability to make decisions and have confidence in your own convictions.
- Takes a flexible approach to working hours, as this role does involve ensuring engagement is set right on night shifts as well as days.
- Excellent employee relations knowledge
- Previous experience of driving engagement.
Where will Gist take you?
We are always focused on developing our people to enable them to reach their full potential. If you have the drive, aspiration and flexibility required, we can offer excellent development opportunities to ensure you build a successful and rewarding career with Gist.
We offer an attractive benefits package, which includes a competitive basic salary, pension, healthcare, 25 days annual leave and an industry leading bonus scheme.
Gist is an award-winning supply chain specialist that combines an integrated network of people, experience and expertise to transform supply chains. With industry-specific understanding and excellence, Gist's solutions bring end-to-end visibility and implementation, from concept to delivery.
Operating in a wide range of commercial and industrial sectors, including grocery, food service and gas, Gist works in partnership with customers such as Starbucks, EAT, Marks and Spencer, Tesco, Morrisons and 2 Sisters Food Group.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75482100