Senior Technician/Technical Coordinator
Opportunity has arisen with a leading 5* developer to provide an Architectural Drawing and Technical Information Service and support to the in-house Technical Department.
My client is a leading 5* National House-builder, whose reputation is built around quality of design, build and customer service. They have won a string of awards based around these from both the House Builder Federation and the WhatHouse Awards.
They are currently on a strong trajectory of growth, having recently acquired a new region with plans to expand further. Their products appeal to the second and third time buyers in particular.
They aspire to be the best and in their mission to do so, they do not shy away from going the extra mile to do so. They attract and retain the best talent in the industry and are keen on developing staff in an open dialogue to ensure each employee maximise their potential on a career path they want.
The role of the Technical Department in a Homes Division is to provide a practical and cost effective technical service to the company.
This will encompass site evaluation, architectural and engineering design, the investigation of any technical problems encountered and provision of economical and viable solutions. This may involve liaison with, appointment of and co-ordination of external professionals.
The Technical Department are involved with the company's product from inception to completion.
The Senior Designer will generally be given specific projects to run, either at the Design Stage or at Planning Approved Stage. They will then either prepare the working drawings and associated information that enables a site commencement or co-ordinate/check and issue externally supplied information.
- Advise Land Department on Technical viability of new sites;
- Produce layouts and Technical reports for Land Appraisals, and prepare working drawings, details and specifications, with minimum supervision;
- Provide technical support and information to Construction, Commercial and Sales departments and maintain good communication to ensure the required level of service is maintained;
- Assist the Design manager in fee negotiation and the appointment of consultants;
- Produce and submit Planning and Building Regulation Applications and obtain planning permissions and other statutory approvals e.g. S104 and S38 Agreements/satisfy any imposed conditions;
- Prepare Sales and legal information e.g. Conveyance plans, sales area layout drawings and M colours;
- POS, S38, S104 adoptions;
- In house Planning supervisor's role;
- Liaise as required with RCDL on Special Projects;
- Comply with responsibilities as laid down in the Groups' Health, Safety and Environment Policy;
- At all times comply with company policies, procedures and instructions;
- Obtain and check information from external architectural consultants, and suppliers and manufacturers for supplementing working drawings;
- As required, from time to time, produce designs for layouts, house designs etc.;
- Miscellaneous approvals such as footpath closures, sales signage etc.;
- Ensure updated Group drawings are issued in accordance with department procedures;
- Contribute to improving business, protecting and enhancing the reputation of the company, by putting forward new ideas and, when requested to do so, implementing change.
The ideal candidate will:
- have experience working in the residential sector, either in consultancy or preferably with a housebuilder to appreciate the full range of complexities the sector presents;
- be comfortable working with and mentoring junior members of staff with their personal development plans;
- have working knowledge of CfSH, LTH, Robust Details, UK Building Regulations, SAP calculations etc.;
- have worked closely with planners and are familiar with the motions of moving items successfully through planning.
Critically, you will be a 'people person' and thrive off working in an energetic team environment. Innovation and progression are what drive you. You are a self-starter and you have a high level of personal pride in your work, constantly seeking to improve yourself professionally and advance.
Additional requirements include a full UK driving licence as you will be required to visit site.
Please Note - candidates who do not have the right to work in the UK cannot be considered.
The successful candidate can expect excellent remuneration with generous package including, car/car allowance, pension, healthcare etc. as well as unlimited room for progression as the business expands both within existing and new regions.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75496059