Mechanical Assembly Operatives
Build on your skills working for a recognised global brand in a safe and quality driven manufacturing environment.
We currently have an opportunity for an Mechanical Assembly, Sub Assembly and Strip Operatives to work in our clients Shrewsbury facility on an ongoing temporary basis. With structured evaluations and excellent conditions, our roles also offer opportunities for personal development and recognition in your role.
As an assembly/sub assembly operative you will be required to:
- Assembling parts to a machined component, or sub assembly of components ready for assembly
- Assembling parts in a set time period 'Takt time'
- Visual Quality checks
- Use of press power tools to insert friction fit parts
- Set & use torque wrenches
- Use of air & hand tools
- Following standard works
- Adhering to PPE and Health and Safety requirements
- Some manual lifting may be required
- Working in a team or individually as required
This role involves high use of hand and vibration tools
Suitable applicants will have:
- Manufacturing, production or Assembly experience
- Use of hasnd tools including air guns, drills etc. Please note this role involves high usage of hand tools
- An understanding of working to safe practices, adhering to health and safety requirements
- Good team work and communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- PC/ IT skills, training to be provided on in-house software
Hours of Work:
The hours of work are Monday - Thursday, 7.30am - 5.15pm, overtime may be available, if so is paid at premium rates.
What we can offer:
- Standard 37 hour week over four days
- 28 days holiday pro rata (inc. bank holidays)
- Regular Performance review and recognition schemes
- High Performer Of the Month awards with voucher prizes
- Candidate surveys - we value your opinions and welcome your feedback to shape our service
- Full induction and ongoing, professional training
- Auto Pension scheme enrolment
If you are interested in finding out more about our opportunities, don't delay in sending us your CV and one of our dedicated account team will contact you.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75480848