Purpose of Role
An exciting opportunity to work within one of the largest Infrastructure Support Services companies in the UK. You will be working within the Rail arm of our business upgrading and maintaining the Rail Infrastructure across the central region of the UK. Offering early exposure and all-round experience within a multi award-winning business, a placement with Carillion will give you the foundation of knowledge and experience you need to grow your future career
This is a formal year out placement for those studying degrees relevant to work within the Rail, Civil Engineering, Sustainability and/or Construction Industry.
Actual activities will depend largely on the projects running at the time of placement, the stage of the project and the abilities of the Candidate and therefore cannot be specifically detailed in advance. Candidates will be expected to work closely with the project team and assist in reducing the workload on key engineering resources.
Activities may include:
• Project Management and Project Controls
• Project Administration including structured filing systems, technical queries, document control systems
• Programme Management including developing a programme and monitoring/reporting of progress
• Cross-discipline / multi-disciplined engineering management, depending on projects
• Design including processes, production and approvals.
• Construction including materials management and ordering, manufacturing, on site installation
• Testing & Commissioning and Entry Into Service
• Engineering Assurance processes
• Commercial including budgets, contract conditions, change control
• Additional activities (as available) may include Signal Sighting, stakeholder consultation, risk management
• Complete company induction
• Achieve Personal Track Safety
• Successful delivery of assigned elements of project work
• Production of a Placement Plan, identifying key learning opportunities
Please submit the following with your application:-
Candidate CV detailing qualifications, current degree course (if applicable) and any experience to date.
Covering letter explaining why you would like this role and what you believe that you can offer.
Location – Derby
Start Date – September 2017