This forward thinking and progressive professional services firm is looking to recruit an HR Advisor to join their Birmingham based HR team for a fixed term contract, covering a period of maternity leave from 9th October until September 2018.
The role is to provide a quality and responsive HR service predominantly to the firm’s largest legal group, to work closely with other members of the HR department and to have involvement with all aspects of HR.
Your key duties will include:
- providing the business with front-line HR advisory support in relation to employee relation matters
- actively managing specific projects and/or supporting the Senior HR Advisor and Senior HR Business Partner in order to deliver the HR plan
- attending meetings and influencing outcomes within the recruitment process ensuring that the firm attracts and appoints talented individuals that match the firm’s culture and values
- preparing for and attending meetings, influencing outcomes within disciplinary, grievance, performance and absence situations
- managing flexible working applications, maternity, paternity, shared parental and adoption matters from start to end and applying the relevant policies and legislation
- providing support to the development and delivery of key people plans and KPIs within each team to help achieve their business plans
- supporting the Senior HR Advisor and Senior HR Business Partner with the training and coaching of managers within the teams, providing them with effective tools and knowledge to help them in their roles
- developing business-wide HR policies, processes and initiatives that are fit for purpose
Skills and experience you will have:
- a minimum of 12 months’ previous experience in an HR Advisor / Senior Assistant level role and having responsibility for standard HR processes is essential
- Strong generalist HR experience with an emphasis on recruitment
This is an excellent opportunity for a junior HR professional to really cement their experience in a great organisation that really supports and values its employees.