It is an exciting time to join us…Wincanton is a leading Third Party Logistics (3PL) firm, providing supply chain consultancy and solutions to some of the world’s most admired brands in the UK and Ireland.
As the largest British logistics company we work in diverse Industry Sectors such as Retail, Consumer Goods, Energy, Defence, Construction and Milk adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistic challenges. We put our Customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our Customers business’s better every day”.
We employ approximately 17,500 people across more than 200 sites and have a 3,400-strong fleet of vehicles.
Our people are at the core of business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progression, as well as training, enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
With continued success and business growth Wincanton have opportunities for exceptional Candidates…Key Responsibilities
- Initial involvement in ensuring all working procedures are clearly defined and cascaded, with regular reviews to ensure effectiveness
- Must be proactive in seeking improvements in process/methods of operating and also in the introduction of best practice within the site
- Responsible for the day to day management, initial and ongoing development and motivation of a team of Warehouse Supervisors and their teams, ensuring that they consistently meet productivity and quality objectives
- Responsible for the consistent achievement of Key Performance Indicators and delivering a high level of on time, on cost customer service
- Must work within legislative requirements, taking account of health & safety at all times
- Responsible for ensuring excellent working relationships with the Customer representatives and at all times being aware of their business needs and objectives
- Must be able to demonstrate relevant Management experience in a high volume service driven operation.
- Will have excellent team building, leadership and motivational skills
- Must demonstrate the ability to communicate in an open and honest manner with the team
- Must be able to demonstrate the commitment, enthusiasm and flexibility to work various shift patterns which are able to respond to seasonal customer demand
- Experience of a startup operation would be a distinct advantage
- Will have a proven track record in the management of people in a multi-cultural environment
- The ideal candidate should have working knowledge of the interaction between their own department and other key functions such as Stock and Systems, HR and Finance
We have a new role available for a Shift Manager to join us, working on one of our Coventry based contracts.
The successful candidate will have experience leading a large team, in a warehouse environment. You will be able to manage workloads, deadlines and team members and work with the senior management team.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75493432