Graduate Procurement Trainee
- To assist with all aspects of the company's purchasing function with emphasis on the purchase of parts in a cost effective way and working with just in time methodology.
- To assist in maintain accurate records through use of AX system.
- To review systems and processes and suggest improvements
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the team with supplier negotiation and liaison.
- Placement of purchase orders from specific requests and from stock replenishment print outs using the company's computerised system.
- Support in the expediting of parts.
- Liaising with our sales, service, projects and logistics departments as required by the procurement manager
- Assist the buyers in maintaining the group stock file database.
- Dealing with purchase requests of a technical nature.
- Rationalising the supplier database with efficiency/cost savings in mind.
- Adhere to the company policies and procedures.
- Assist the Procurement Manager as required.
- Monitoring supplier performance and reporting accordingly - defects.
- Responding to purchase ledger queries.
- Provide statistical analysis and forecasts as directed by the Senior Buyer/Procurement Manager.
- Purchase stock from abroad as necessary and arrange appropriate shipping ensuring costs are minimised.
- Excellent IT skills required
- Communication and interpersonal competence
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Accuracy and Attention to Detail
- Driven and Motivated
- Ability to plan, organise and deliver on projects.
- Good educational background with education to degree level
- Driving Licence as some travel may be required for the role to develop
40 hours per week, Mon-Fri
Holidays - 22 days in year one, 24 days in year two and 26 days in year 3 plus statutory days.
Pension - Automatic Enrolment with minimum contributions for Tier 2 schemes
Salary; £17,000-£18,000 per annum
(Please apply now for immediate consideration)