A leading automotive manufacturing company require a Quotations Engineer for this permanent position based in Birmingham.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF JOB
Co ordinate estimation activities for a busy commercial team in a high volume manufacturing environment.
KEY TASK SUMMARY
- Receive, acknowledge and log customer requests for quotation. Clearly communicate with the customer
- Maintain quotation log and ensure customer deadlines are met
- Preparation of technical quotations in conjunction with the relevant customer requirements to ensure correct and timely communication to the customer
- Assessment of commercial and technical suitability of enquires to the business following appropriate processes. Communicate with internal technical teams.
- Obtain quotations from suppliers relevant to the preparation of quotations
- Suggest and review opportunity for estimating improvement / modification
- Generation and communication of appropriate measures of performance
- Ensure estimates comply with company objectives and business targets.
- Complete new business approval documentation
- Research on new technologies and new materials.
- Interact with different internal and external constituents, including other manufacturers
- To work towards full product specification, including engineering drawings for manufacture
- Drive productivity through reverse and value engineering opportunities identified within the product range, utilising new technology and materials.
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Technical, Business and IT services. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.