We are currently recruiting an exciting Engineering Technician with a leading research, development and testing business at their state-of the art manufacturing and production prototyping site in the West Midlands. The successful Engineering Technician will be comfortable operating CNC machines, lathes and milling. On offer is the opportunity to be at the forefront of working with some of the biggest UK Manufacturers.
Our client is a leading innovator in a number of different industrial manufacturing and production industry sectors. With ever-expanding facilities and a plethora of new pioneering projects, this represents the opportunity for a proactive Engineering Technician to join with a business that prides itself on its contribution to technical advances on a global scale. Will promotional opportunities and the chance to partner some of the U.K's largest and most well knowned Manufacturers, this is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate as an Engineering Technician.
Operate and maintain equipment such as machine tools, both manual and CNC, lathes, milling machines, grinders, welding equipment, various riveting and joining machinery. To design, manufacture and commission specialised research and experimental apparatus and equipment to very high level of accuracy to support both teaching and research activities in these areas
- Consult and liaise with staff on the design, manufacture and use of apparatus and equipment. Dealing with both internal and external customers to meet technical specifications and achieve high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Drive the feasibility of design, manufacture and use of equipment with regards to material selection and processing techniques.
- To ensure health and safety legislation by providing health and safety guidance and, when required, supervision for those working within the Engineering Facilities and associated laboratories with the use of relevant risk assessments, safe systems of work and COSHH information.
- To assist in the maintenance and continued development of a diverse range of specialist equipment and apparatus, in order to facilitate the research and teaching and to ensure this is done adhering to current legislation and in the most cost effective manner.
- HNC/ONC qualified
- Substantial experience of working with machine tools, both manual and CNC, lathes, milling machines and grinders.
- Good CAD ability
- Excellent interpersonal skills to enable professional interaction
£26,000 - £28,500 + benefits.