Warehouse Operations Manager
All About Us
The UK's largest home delivery courier network, Hermes will deliver more than 260 million parcels this year on behalf of the biggest names in retail and our network of over 14,500 hard working lifestyle Couriers make this happen providing a high quality doorstep service. We employ over 2,500 people; delivering parcels to over 190 countries.
We have grown in excess of 15% each year over the past 5 years with even bigger ambitions for the future - there has never been a more exciting time to join us!
How it feels to work for us:
Here at Hermes, we empower each individual with both the responsibility to make critical decisions and to explore new ideas to achieve the best performance.
The biggest thing we are proud of is that our people care. We want you to make a positive difference to our customer's experience, because in every job at Hermes, you will and you can add value.
All About The Role
The purpose of this role is to support the General Manager of the Hub by managing the warehouse operation to ensure delivery of a safe, legally compliant and cost efficient environment performing to operational Service Level Agreements.
The successful candidate will follow all recognised hub systems and processes, identify and develop new systems and processes to meet the needs of the business, manage internal staff, maintain and develop external customer relationships and deliver a professional service to our clients.
This role carries responsibility for establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with customers, both internal and external. The person appointed will make a significant contribution to the development and improvement of these services and to the overall operation.
- Work alongside current Operations Manager to ensure greater coverage across the working week this will include any shift 5 from 7 days across a 24 hour period including Sundays.
- Direct accountability and budgetary control for circa 200 employees.
- Responsibility for all warehouse related Health & Safety and quality audits including risk assessments and safe systems of work.
- Responsible for warehouse quality sortation and performance against MI measurement.
- Daily management of operation & driving productivity levels.
- Planning and programming of automated sortation machines, ensuring capacity per day is achieved.
- Ensure the Next Day operation runs efficiently and effectively and manage the third party provider of the courier service.
- Responsible for receipt and despatch of product, ensuring client collections are serviced within SLA and depot trunks are loaded and despatched to time.
- Own and manage the returns sortation process for the whole of the Hermes network.
- Identify and mitigate any key problems or risks associated with achieving operational goals.
- Responsible for client interface with regard to operational issues.
All About You
You will have the passion, drive and confidence to work cross functionally across the region as part of a growing team.
Essential Skills for the role:
Extensive knowledge of operational processes and practices, particularly hub operations
Full current driving licence
Operational management experience gained within a similar environment
Experience of cross functional working
Proven ability to build business knowledge and translate into working processes and procedures.
PC Literate with an advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Visio (desirable)
- effective communicator at all levels
We offer you:
- Full training along with a supported induction process
26 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Bonus potential
Hermes pension up to 5%
Hermes isn't just about parcels, it's about people and being part of a team. Building those key relationships internally and externally, delivering an excellent customer service experience. If you are self-motivated, thrive on daily challenges and enjoy working as part of a team, we want you to be part of Hermes!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75493034