MIS and Planning Analyst, Derby
MIS and Planning Analyst
Reference Number: GB06904
We are the contract logistics partner of choice for logistics outsourcing and the management of complex supply chains. From point of origin to consumption, our dedicated staff design solutions that turn logistics operations from a challenge into a substantial competitive advantage.
Reporting to the National Management Information Systems Manager the successful applicant will primarily be responsible for the analysis of the profitability of the fleet, for both planned and executed data and its presentation to the senior team. This analysis along with the customer forecast information will create the foundation for our financial and operational KPI's and will be used to create effective and accurate resource models and drive best practise across the business.
Your tasks and responsibilities
* Create a profitability tracker for both planned and executed data.
* Monitor and challenge Transport and Planning teams with regards to conformance to plan
* Monitor and challenge accuracy of data provided from Operational teams
* Ensure all customers provide KNDL with an updated weekly forecast
* Understand all aspects of the composition of each individual forecast so that they can be used to produce forecasts that are relevant to KNDL operations
* Consolidate all customer forecasts to produce an overall weekly forecast
* Use weekly forecasts, operational KPI's and financial data in the preparation of operational resource models
* Present forecast and KPI information to the senior operational teams in a manner that demonstrates understanding and provides a level of confidence in the resource decisions that are then taken
* Prepare forecasts that can be drilled down from total company level to geographic regions and individual depot level
* Review forecast accuracy performance with each customer to try and improve their forecasting outputs
* Produce forecast accuracy performance measures to share internally and with the relevant customer
* Identify peaks in customer activity, monthly, weekly, daily and quantify the financial and operational implications of these spikes
* Identify additional resource requirements through peaking of activity. This should cover both transport and warehouse operations
* Identify customer promotional activity within forecasts, quantifying the impact on resource and our cost base.
* Develop strong links with internal and external customers
* Contribute to ongoing refinement of planning processes and identify opportunities to work smarter and increase profit
* Measure planner performance based on the delivery of profitable shifts
* Review and analyse planning requirements of existing customers, including forecasting and forecast accuracy
* Monitor weekly and monthly KPI's and identify reasons for variance from target
* Review opportunities to improve efficiency and revenue opportunities
* Support the needs of the business by reporting any other Key Performance Measures as required
Your skills and experience
* Previous experience in a planning/transport environment advantageous
* High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
* IT Literacy
* Logical thinker who can thrive under pressure
* Strong analytical skills
* Effective communication skills
* Be able to work effectively within a team in a pressurised environment
* Promotes two way and honest communication
With over employees at some 1,200 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on high value-added segments such as IT-based integrated logistics solutions.