Principal Engineer - Thermal, within Vehicle Business Unit
Job Title: Principal Engineer - Thermal, within Vehicle Business Unit, Client facing role
Type of Role: Permanent
Location: West Midlands
Salary: up to £60k depending upon experience
First Tier Automotive Supplier
- Responsibility of the Role: to deliver successfully with regards to on-going client projects supporting a number of design and development programmes.
- The position involves leading project teams to deliver integrated thermal management solutions to clients
- To lead the thermal engineering activities for vehicle systems from prototype through to full series production on client projects
- Managing a project team consisting of various engineers to deliver a successful vehicle thermal solution to the client
- Define and cascade system level attribute targets from the vehicle level attribute targets
- Balance the requirements and integration of the HVAC and cooling systems to provide an optimal technical and commercial solution to the client that meets the vehicle attribute requirements
- Leading the knowledge development of integrated thermal solutions for both electric and hybrid vehicles
- Responsible for the thermal system & attribute design and validation (DV) plan, including development and certification requirements
This is an opportunity to join a Global First Tier Automotive Supplier.
The successful candidate will be a Graduate Mechanical or Thermal engineer with experience of cooling, HVAC or thermal testing at an OEM or Tier 1 Supplier. An understanding of a broad range of cooling and air conditioning circuits is essential, at both the practical and theoretical levels.
Please contact Susannah
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75496757