Interim Inventory Manager
To ensure accurate management of the stock control system, excellent service levels and stock loss is kept within budget, to meet agreed targets. To submit recommendations for changes to process and or systems, to ensure that planning and implementing improvements that support new ways of working.
Huge third party logistics company presently in over 200 countries and territories across the globe. They provide solutions for an almost infinite number of logistics needs.
Key responsibilities for Interim Inventory Manager:
To ensure accurate management of the stock control system, excellent service levels and stock loss is kept within budget, to meet agreed targets.
- Prescribes and promotes standard processes and procedures within the warehouse (SOPs) to ensure stock integrity is not compromised and to report any instances of non-conformance to process.
- To ensure all PI checks and schedules are followed and investigations are timely and through to establish root causes for stock loss.
- Demonstrate strong Leadership and People Management Skills to address performance opportunities
- Plan and implement resource requirements ensuring the right people, processes and equipment are in place so that the agreed stock and administration operational plan is met and service levels and productivity maintained.
- To identify development and training needs for all team members providing support and resource to ensure maximise potential.
- To support all site activities in areas such as, all health & safety, environmental & legal requirements are met. And the company values are maintained.
- Create a culture of continuous improvement initiatives and projects within your team and the wider branch operations..
- Work collaboratively with peers (e.g. warehouse operations, customer services, transport, buyers,) to maintain service levels to customer - right level of stock to support fluctuation in sales whilst keeping loss to a minimum (short dated product)
- Planning, implementing and executing seasonal peak plans that support Branch to deliver great service.
- Responsible for managing storage locations, pick faces, and to provide the best layout and flow to support efficient operational pick rate.
- To submit recommendations for changes to process and or systems, to ensure that planning and implementing improvements that support new ways of working.
- Code checking responsibility for ensuring stock is despatched within minimum life to customers. To identify short dated, overstocked and obsolete products and ways of redistributing and selling stock at best price.
- Manage the analysis and interpretation of system data and produce regular reports to identify improvement opportunities and trends and apply any changes to enhance operational performance within the depot.
- Provide weekly financial reporting.
- Where required plan and organise company stock takes.
- To carry out such other duties that might be reasonably requested.
Key Skills, Knowledge & Experience for the Interim Inventory Manager
- Substantial inventory management experience in Retail, FMCG or 3PL logistics
- Highly analytical with strong ability to analyse and interpret detailed data.
- Problem-solving experience
- Project management skills and experience
- Ability to communicate effectively and influence the operational teams.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate at all levels.
- Ability to influence at higher levels
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office with advanced Microsoft Excel knowledge
- Able to demonstrate ability to work and make decisions under pressure.
- Ability to organise and prioritise the workload of the team on a daily basis.
- Able to own and take responsibility for customer issues and deal with effectively.
- Able to work on own initiative and as part of the wider Logistics function.
- The ability to build relationships with internal and external customers.
- Ability to lead, motivate and develop an existing team.
- A successful candidate will have experience in inventory / stock management
- You will need to be available to start work immediately.
- Interim role - 3 months
- opportunity for it to become permanent should the successful candidate impressive
- £200 - £270
- Immediate start
- Interim Inventory Manager
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75483100