Clinical Services Manager
BMI Edgbaston Hospital in Birmingham is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Clinical Services Manager to join their team of staff in the Pre-Assessment department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Evidence of relevant professional development, both clinically, managerially, preferably evidenced by certification RN with valid NMC Registration.
- Registered Nurse Level 1 / Diploma / BSc in Nursing Studies.
- Robust understanding of Clinical Governance requirements for the area.
- Up-to-date knowledge in area of practice.
- Awareness of NMC Code of Accountability.
- Recruitment and selection skills.
- Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence.
- Extensive experience working in an acute hospital setting in a Senior Registered Nurse post or equivalent.
- Previous experience within a Clinical Lead role.
- Experience of customer care, including interacting with challenging customers and situations.
- Ability to lead a nursing team, showing previous experience in leading a clinical team.
- Energetic, proactive and driven to succeed.
- Previous experience within a Clinical Managerial role desirable
- Strong organisational and planning skills, including risk management.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of HR management and strong Man Management Skills desirable
- Able to communicate clearly with a range of people at differing levels across the hospital, deploying a range of techniques to do this effectively
- Ability to motivate a team of clinical professionals.
Duties of this role include:
- To strategically plan the clinical services, responsible for day to day organisation and management of clinical departments. Providing clear direction and leadership to all clinical staff, whilst supporting the initiatives of the hospital. Taking responsibility to lead the department under the direction of the Director of Clinical Services.
- Responsible for the deployment, supervision and teaching of staff within the clinical area supporting the hospital management team in providing clinical leadership. The role is responsible for development, motivation and performance of all clinical staff, ensuring the achievement of CQC Standards as required for nursing services in an acute care hospital accepting planned and emergency surgical and medical admissions.
- Daily visible leadership and management of the department by managing direct reports in line with HR Policies and Procedures at all times; including performance management and bi-annual appraisals, recruitment, absence management and health and safety.
- Provide leadership in the development of clinical services by ensuring the use of evidence based practice and clinical standards within nursing service.
- Maintenance of professional, cost-effective department service including financial management and business planning.
- To work clinical as required, with a minimum of one clinical shift per week.
- Achievement of labour management target, nursing costs KPI and weekly completion of staff utilisation spreadsheets.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.