Purchase Ledger Clerk
Job Title: Purchase Ledger Clerk
We have an excellent opportunity for a Purchase Ledger Clerk to join a market leading business within transportation and logistics. Our client has seen growth of 30% year on year for the past 5 years and has a presence in over 30 countries globally.
As the Purchase Ledger Clerk, you will take responsibility for supplier statement reconciliation and the processing of a high volume of invoices. Based in their office, you will be working as part of a finance team; therefore, experience of working in a fast-paced dedicated finance department is essential. You will be responsible for the maintenance of the purchase ledger from start to finish.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Matching and batching of high volume invoices and reconciling supplier accounts
- Resolving queries and raising credit notes for suppliers
- Identifying and resolving invoices queries
- Liaising with departments and suppliers regarding queries
- Processing payment runs
- Preparing reports for month end
- Filing invoices and statements
- Proven experience within a hands-on finance department, with the ability to match and batch high volume invoices and reconcile supplier accounts
- Have a strong background in Purchase Ledger
- Can be able to come into the team and hit the ground running straight away
- Be organised and pick up new systems and processes quickly
- Needs to be accurate and pro-active
- Strong personality
- Excellent attention to detail
- Have excellent IT skills with experience of SAP & Oracle which is essential.
For the right candidate, this role could possibly lead to a permanent position.
Hours: Monday to Friday 8.30am-5.00pm
Salary: £9.23 - £11.28 per hour
Brampton Recruitment are an independent Accounts and Finance recruitment agency working in partnership with employers spanning Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire, Cheshire, and the Greater Manchester region.