Mechanical Design Engineer
Our client, a major manufacturer based in Shrewsbury with a globally recognised brand, has just made available a Permanent position for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join their team, offering a salary of up to £45,000 (dependant on experience) plus excellent benefits.
The Mechanical Design Engineer will be part of a small, but highly skilled engineering team working on specialised multi-platform applications. This is a great opportunity for a Design Engineer to be involved in the design and development of components and subsystems that will form the future of our client’s military driveline technology.
Key Responsibilities of the Mechanical Design Engineer
The Design Engineer will be primarily involved in the creation of schemes, detail designs and drawings for components and subsystems for both wheeled and tracked driveline applications. Key functions of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Work with the Design Manager, Senior Design Engineers and Product Specialists to understand design requirements
- Use the design requirements to develop schemes, detail designs and drawings within Creo CAD modelling software
- Present new designs internally
- Create design scheme study reports
- Support FMEAs
- Provide technical support for supplier reviews
- Provide technical support for customer reviews
- Work with the Design Manager and Senior Design Engineers to develop design and drawing release schedules
- Work with the NPI project management team to ensure the design milestones of a project are met
- Provide design support for new product build
- Work with US engineering teams to help develop our client’s military engine range
- Supporting the current military engines and transmissions through the engineering change process
Qualifications and Experience required for the Mechanical Design Engineer
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering to a BEng, MEng or equivalent level is desirable
- Previous experience in a mechanical design engineer role
- Working knowledge of 3D CAD software. PTC Creo is desirable.
- A background in either engine, transmission or driveline design is desirable
- Worked as part of a multi-disciplinary engineering team
- Good communication skills with the ability to build relationships
To apply, please send us a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Candidates must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted immediately.