Commercial Manager - Systems / Civils
Purpose of Role
We are looking for an experienced Commercial Managerto support our Rail team with electrification of the Midland Main Line (MML)
The Midland Mainline Programme (MMP) valued circa £1b is an extensive programme of upgrades, renewals and electrification of the railway line between London St Pancras and Sheffield (via Luton, Bedford, Corby, Leicester, East Midlands Parkway, Derby, Nottingham and Chesterfield) delivered by Carillion Powerlines Group Joint Venture for Network Rail client.
As a Commercial Manager you will report into the commercial lead and will be responsible for a section of the commercial team including reporting, applications, change management, development of the target cost, production of the forecasted end of life and management of risk.
You will also be responsible for:
• Overseeing the management of subcontract accounts, agreeing contractual requirements pre-tender and during contract.
• Interface with operational leads for each discipline, OLE, P&D, SCADA to ensure contractual procedures followed
• Responsible for the management of actual costs interfacing with the administration team
• Oversee the management of all subcontract packages from enquiry to final account
• Develop the project forecast and cashflow, managing change and risk in line with reported figures
• Interface with Client on commercial matters
• Management of commercial staff
• Oversee the KPI procedure ensuring collation of supporting information guiding procedure to have positive affect on pain / gain
• Mentoring Subordinates
• Oversee the Change control procedure ensuring EWNs, CAFs and CRRs are raised and evaluated in line with the contract, reducing duplication and minor issues• Production of target cost
What we are looking for:
- Previous experience of working on rail or civils projects
- Understanding of Network Rail processAdditional Role Information
Carillion Rail are contributing to the creation of a railway infrastructure fit for the 21st century – providing faster, safer and more reliable rail journeys, delivered with an absolute focus on safety and quality. We are electrifying key routes across the North West, improving connections between towns and cities including Manchester, Liverpool, Preston and Blackpool providing a reliable and sustainable railway, tackling overcrowding and reduce the cost of operating the railway. Supporting the region’s long-term, low carbon economy and better connecting people to jobs, services, friends, family, education and leisure opportunities.
- Competitive salary
- Reward car/car allowance & fuel card
- 26 days annual leave + 8 bank holidayswith the opportunity to buy more holidays once you have been with a for a short while
- Eligible for Company Bonus Scheme
- BUPA Healthcare Insurance – Family cover
- Carillion Pension Plan
- Carillion 'Thank You' Scheme, which offers flexible, tax efficient benefits such as child care vouchers, cycle to work scheme & discounts on high street brands