Our independent client has a fantastic opportunity for a Registered Manager for their Residential Children's Care Home based in Birmingham. The role is a full time, permanent position based on 37 hours per week offering a salary of £28k - £32k per annum (dependant upon experience)
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing effective leadership and managing all aspects of running the Home, for medium to long term planned placements for young people with learning disabilities and/ or Emotional Behavioural difficulties. To ensure young people are supported, their rights to choose and independent living are promoted and work towards achieving the best possible outcomes for all the young people in our care and help them reach their full potential. Therefore, emotional sustainability, sound partnership practice, verbal and written communication techniques, the ability to form lasting relationships, commitment to working issues through, to be tenacious in working in a planned way are required.
The post holder will be the 'RegisteredManager’ for the home as specified in the Children’s Homes Regulations and required to fulfil the obligations set out in the National Minimum Standards for Children’s Homes 2011.
Key Tasks include:-
- Provide effective leadership, ensuring the team are equipped with the necessary skills, through training, coaching and supervision.
- Taking responsibility for delivering a quality service designed to meet the individual needs and preferences of each service user.
- Manage resources, people, information, energy & quality
- Communicating effectively with the team and external parties
- Participate in the delivery and monitoring of a service which takes into account all of the day-to-day operational requirements, as well as quality monitoring.
- Continuously monitor and manage risk, guiding others in maintaining a healthy and safe environment
- Maintain occupancy levels
What skills do I need to have to become a Registered Manager?
- A recognised social work qualification or a professional qualification relevant to working with children, at least at level 4 and a qualification at least at level 4 in management. Any qualification undertaken after January 2011 has to be Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People’s Services.
- At least 2 year’s experience of working with children within the past 5 years and in addition, at least 1 year’s experience of working at a senior level in a residential setting with experience of supervising and managing professional staff
- Be approachable, dependable, tenacious and confident
- Have the ability to work in a flexible and creative way, changing course and direction as necessary, in order to meet the needs of their service users and the business.
- Be a positive role model, showing enthusiasm and commitment to the care of children
- The ability to communicate effectively in a transparent manner
- To have had experience of working with both internal and external stakeholders
Why not click 'apply’ today?
All of the above will be assessed through both Application Form and Formal Interview
This post is subject to a Criminal Records Bureau Enhanced Disclosure check