EB4779: Mechanical Engineer
Location: Rugeley, South Staffordshire
Benefits: Various Company Benefits
An opportunity has arisen for the requirement of aMechanical Engineer to report to the Engineering Manager, the Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for providing mechanical design expertise in support of power systems, power converter and motors.
Working with specialists from other engineering disciplines, the Mechanical Engineer will provide mechanical design expertise in support of business opportunities. This will include feasibility studies, technology developments, concept designs for new products and bids and proposals.
The Mechanical Engineer will also be required to provide guidance and support to other mechanical engineers within the engineering community and to contribute towards the development of engineering excellence within the business.
Applications from suitably experienced ex-military personnel are strongly encouraged
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To perform a wide range of engineering work covering all stages of the project from bid to delivery
- To plan and conduct engineering tasks requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection and adaptation of designs or design techniques to meet the agreed requirements
- To be responsible for a major part of the engineering work on a large project
- To contribute to project meetings and to deliver detailed technical and progress reports
- To keep up to date with the state of the art in the chosen area by attending seminars and studying the technical literature
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- A degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering
- Broad knowledge of all aspects of engineering (e.g. systems, electrical, electro-mechanical)
- Appreciation of electrical aspects of cabinet design (e.g. EMC, stray fields, creepage and clearance, insulation systems)
- Experience in manufacturing methods applicable to electronic cabinets; sheet metal fabrications, welding, machining, corrosion protection
- Proficient in the use of 3D CAD. Solidworks is preferred but not essential
- Use of CFD/FEA tools for thermal analysis and structural analysis, fatigue life assessments.
- Good knowledge of materials
- Good knowledge of best practice design lifecycle process; gated design phases, design reviews.
- Good in front of customers; willing and able to make presentations
- It is likely that in future the candidate may perform mechanical lead roles in complex power developments
Interested applicants will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be pasted.