Development Engineering Manager
Development Engineering Manager
Development Engineering Manager needed for a Highway Safety company based in Herefordshire who are looking to employ an experienced Development Engineering Manager with an in-depth knowledge of Steel properties and Steel manufacturing.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Development Engineering Manager will include:
- Manage the day to day tasks and record keeping of the other members of the engineering team
- With a 'Hands On' approach, manage any research and developments on existing products
- With a 'Hands On' approach, manage assessment, research, development and any testing on new products.
- Develop a great enough understanding of the products and the market sectors to be able to sign of drawings.
- Oversee the provision of technical support to customers both domestically and throughout the world
- Ensure that correct and up to date technical support is available for company sales teams.
- Ensure accurate creation of product parts lists and BOM's for the accounts & sales departments.
- Assist with the quality control of products and manufacturing processes.
- Manage the creation and maintenance of product and installation manuals.
- Assist with the management of the Company's technical library.
- Organise and supervise the Engineering team members to ensure they carry out their duties in a responsible and effective manner.
- Conduct annual appraisals and KPI's for directly reporting staff and maintain appraisal records.
- Any other general duty as reasonably requested from time to time.
In order to be the successful Deveopment Engineering Manager and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- A Mechanical Engineering qualification at Degree level or above, or suitable experience.
- Excellent Leadership skills, ability to motivate and lead the team productively.
- A good understanding of steel properties & steel manufacturing.
- An understanding of SolidWorks, AutoCAD & MS Office products.
- Excellent attention to detail with an enquiring mind and flexible attitude to work.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Development Engineering Manager to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75437597