Component Engineer - Apex MA
- As part of an established, motivated and fast-moving team, the successful candidate will deliver Base Engine fuel distribution systems for each engine programme. Delivery scale would be from concept to post launch and subsequent in field warranty support, on commencement the candidate may expect to work heavily on our new engine programmes.
- Keys areas of responsibility; design/package (leading Design and CAD engineers) and design development (leading suppliers), leading the component/sub-system, DVP and FMEA, cost optimisation, complex issue resolution, physical analysis and review of engine test components, project management to GPDS milestones, supplier management, change management via WERs releasing system & launch preparation via APQP and PSW deliverables
- The successful candidate must have a depth of experience in the design, development and delivery of modern petrol and diesel base engines. They must have previous experience of taking engine components/systems from concept into mass production.
- Understanding engine component design requirements and the compromise of attributes by changing the design.
- Understanding of the typical manufacturing processes used engine components
- Be confident to present and talk about engine systems to the wider business.
- Self-motivated - with a desire to deliver components on time.
- They must be able to lead processes such as FMEA, DVP (Validation Plan) and problem solving.
- They must have managed suppliers on part delivery and have experience in component design & design for manufacture.
- Keys areas of responsibility: design, development and package analysis (working with Design and CAD engineers), advanced problem solving using an 8D type toolset, managing part delivery. Quality Process (DFMEA), Launch preparation via APQP and PSW deliverables.
- Project management to GPDS milestones, Supplier liaison, Change management via WERs releasing system (BOM updates), liaising with STA to ensure product quality and support of part delivery to meet programme builds requirements.
- Developing component validation plans and monitor / reporting progress. Support a ""flawless"" launch of engine components. QUALIFICATIONS
- Degree in Mechanical or Automotive Engineering, OR Automotive Industry delivery experience.
- Working knowledge of product delivery system.
- New product launch and development systems
- Knowledge of Team Centre and Vis Mock-up * Six Sigma Green Belt * FMEA
- Will consider a younger engineer with 2 - 3 years of appropriate experience.
- They must be motivated; timing and delivery focused and have confidence to talk to the business about the parts they own.
- For younger candidates, I would "buddy" with a more experienced engineer.