Data Management Development Lead
We are the RAC. We are a UK super brand. We take Data seriously as it helps to drive our business.
We are always improving and innovating how we use our Data and as a result, we are now looking to recruit 2 Data Management Development Leads, to work with our team at our Walsall Head Quarters.
Development Delivery Lead will provide technical leadership, technical project management and line management to a team of Developers.
You will be a technically skilled individual able to lead from the front. You will able to lead Developers to deliver robust technical Data solutions that meet reporting and operational requirements.
The role will be varied and will involve:
- Being accountable for the development and technical quality of data warehousing/reporting systems and solutions.
- Leading the requirements gathering and implementation of data warehousing & reporting capabilities across RAC.
- Proactively supporting stakeholders across all functions by providing creative and innovative solutions.
- Oversight of wider developments and change across the business, supporting and guiding other colleagues.
- Designing & implementing robust and resilient data solutions that reliably deliver data and reporting of known quality.
- Communicating complex concepts and methodologies to stakeholders with varied levels of seniority and experience.
- Technical project management, supporting/leading developers and managing the technical delivery.
- Line management of technical analysts and developers.
- Being an active member of the leadership team to establish the right team culture and in setting direction
- Being a role model for Developers and analysts alike, leading by example.
- Setting expectations of the delivery team to keep them focussed and motivated.
Skills, Knowledge and qualifications
To be successful in securing this role, you will need to show us:
Good experience in designing and implementing a SQL Server Data Warehouse.
- Excellent skills in Transact-SQL and SSIS.
- Good experience shaping technical documentation across the lifecycle, from initial to implementation.
- Data Modelling including relational models and Data Warehousing methodologies.
- Good experience implementing Microsoft SQL Server, Business Intelligence and reporting solutions, both hands-on and in leading others across the full project lifecycle.
- Excellent analytic and problem solving skills including the ability to draw from multiple sources of information and make soundly reasoned judgments and decisions.
- Clear and concise communication, both written and verbal - bring simplicity to complex problems.
- Technical competence to support and challenge across the full software lifecycle to govern and deliver change.
- Strong stakeholder management with a pragmatic and proactive approach.
- Technical expertise and credibility to empathise with and mentor a team of technical specialists.
- Drive and desire to see solutions delivered right first time.
- Forward thinking, able to identify and mitigate risks throughout the full delivery lifecycle.
These roles are based at our Walsall HQ, just off the M6 and 4 mins walk from the Bescot Stadium train station. The site has free parking, onsite coffee shop, onsite canteen, showers and changing rooms.
Come with us on the journey!