Commercial Training Executive
I am currently looking for a Commercial Training Executive to join a luxury automotive OEM.
- Responsible for researching, writing and developing all Dealer Training eLearning modules (on-line interactive training courses), with the support of an approved supplier who will create the finished module.
- E-Learning module content will range from product information for new models, Brand Training, Soft Skills training, to competitor information.
- To support the delivery of classroom training for dealership commercial induction programmes.
- The role is an excellent opportunity to work with multiple departments (Marketing, Sales, Design, and Engineering) and at all levels of the business.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Create training material that adds true value, is engaging, imaginative and in line with the luxury automotive’s core brand values and which achieves results and customer satisfaction.
- Ensure new interactive e-Learning modules are in place for all job roles within our global dealer network.
- Develop new quick demo training videos to address knowledge gaps in the dealer network.
- Be responsible for the day to day enhancements, and updates to, the Global Dealer Training Learning Management System and manage the system supplier effectively.
- Monitor and report on all e-Learning activity to the Global Dealer Training Manager.
- Support Training Needs Analysis for the franchise Dealer network and Training Evaluation.
- Keep up to date with all new e-Learning developments and technologies.
- Investigate new training technologies such as reward badges, interactive glasses, augmented reality, learning via gaming and new generation training ideas to cater for all learning styles.
- Delivery of classroom induction courses, with the possibility of international delivery.
- Working closely with the Commercial Training Executive for classroom training to ensure content is aligned and coherent across all delivery methods.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Automotive or Luxury brand experience / Business degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent people skills; confident and outgoing, able to develop relationships with senior staff, senior dealership staff, suppliers and agencies
- Understanding of training needs in the dealer network, giving consideration to regional and cultural differences
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Good presentation and creative skills. High attention to detail and accuracy
- Self-motivated, reliable, positive and enthusiastic, with a flexible and adaptable approach
- Fully conversant with Microsoft Office (essential)
- Confident IT user (Adobe, Flash, SCORM Packages, as well as able to pick up and use complex internal databases and systems with minimal supervision)
If you are interested in this position please click APPLY NOW!