We are currently recruiting for a Warehouse Operative to work for a market leading food importer in the Perry Barr/Aston area of Birmingham.
The successful candidate will be experienced in all areas of warehouse work and will ideally have previous experience within a food related industry.
Working across 3 shifts earlies, day & nights - 37.5 hours per week
Salary £14,625 ( £7.50 per hour)
* Loading & unloading of vehicles both manually and using material handling equipment (manual/electric pallet trucks and forklift)
* Order picking and splitting loads
* Packing, Stacking and securing of orders
* Different temperature regimes
* Operating packing machinery when trained and authorised to do so
* Housekeeping - cleaning all work surfaces and areas, keeping the areas neat and tidy, disposing of waste in the bins provided. The company operates a Clean As You Go Policy, which is explained in one of the training modules
* Follow all current and any new company and statutory regulations and procedures relating to the above
* Other reasonably related duties as assigned
* To be punctual for work
* To have a good attendance record ( refer to the policy on sickness and absence)
* To co-operate with immediate managers and colleagues to accomplish their duties
* To be able to lift weights of 15kg to up to head height regularly and work standing up
* You must be able to work on/with or use ( after training ) a conveyor
* Chilled - due to fresh produce
* Flexible hours - be available to work regular reasonable extra time and also flexible shift patterns (where applicable)
* Note that the Company operates a no smoking policy within the premises. Smoking is allowed in the staff car park only.
Cordant People are an equal opportunity employer
Cordant is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.