Support & Maintenance Engineer - Single Site - Telford
Site Support and Maintenance Engineer. This well-established organisation is seeking a multi-skilled, 'principle' engineer to work at a site in Telford. This is a varied role covering (mostly) engineering support on a range of machines, but will involve general building maintenance and some project work. The position could suit a field engineer who has tired of travel, or an engineer with a similar site support role.
Support & Maintenance Engineer - the role:
Working in a mainly 'technical' environment, the main element of the position is supporting and generally troubleshooting a range of test equipment. Specialised manufacturer's training will be given, but the client needs a solid, all round electromechanical engineer who can get up to speed quickly. The remaining elements of the position cover general building maintenance duties and project work.
The users are fairly technical and can solve minor issues themselves so you will typically be dealing with the larger, mechanical issues. You will be working alongside a more junior engineer, who is there to support you, offer holiday cover, etc. The role covers: -
- Both reactive and proactive maintenance and support of the equipment
- Reporting duties on maintenance and repair, etc.
- Facilities maintenance work; the site is undergoing continuous development, so the job will see you taking a lead role on any new facility upgrade projects.
Support & Maintenance Engineer - the person:
The client is keen to secure someone with a similar profile, ideally working in the food industry. Candidates should have strong diagnostics repair and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong engineering support and maintenance skills, with a knowledge of pneumatic systems, pumps, valves, compressors, etc
- An understanding of general building support services - e.g. electrical work, etc
- A personable and outgoing engineer who enjoys providing first class support to the users
This is a great opportunity for a driven and motivated individual, who genuinely wants to settle down with a company for the long-term. Salary £25,000 to £35,000 (depending on experience) + health cover; 25 days holiday and life insurance. 40hrs per week, plus an element of on-call, but working to a very flexible 'flexi-time' arrangement. Services advertised by Dupen are those of an Agency.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75141737