Are a you P-way Engineer with setting out / slab track experience? Would you like to start a long term role with one of the biggest contractors in the UK at the moment? If you answered yes to either of those questions then carry on reading! Randstad CPE is currently recruiting for a P-way site engineer to work on a long term contract in Birmingham!
What is the purpose of this role? To lead or fulfil a managing role within a design team to ensure:
- Compliance with all relevant technical standards;
- Delivery of all the specified project outcomes on time, within budget and to the quality required;
- Guidance is provided for less experienced staff and professional development and training is actively pursued.
What will this role involve?
- Develop designs in accordance with the Client's requirements and relevant design standards to achieve cost effective solutions
- Assist in the development and supervision of project team members
- Assist with competency appraisal processes subject to suitable level of supervision
- Represent the business stream in multi-disciplinary project teams
- Assist in the preparation and monitoring of the budget for projects including the planning, monitoring and reporting of project resources and finances
- Prepare and check of feasibility studies, appraisal/assessment reports and other written documents
- Development of engineering solutions and presentation of engineering options
- Prepare and check of assessment, calculations, design calculations and structural analysis
- Produce and check design concepts, design details, drawings specifications and other technical documents
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with the Client and other relevant stakeholders
- Complete performance appraisals with direct reports and provide learning and development opportunities where possible
What are we looking for?
- Good experience of the coordination of the design process and team management
- Good communication skills dealing with clients, project partners, supply chain, elected representatives and the public
- Client focused approach to service delivery
- Setting out experience
- p-way experience
- slab / track
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.