Job role: Transport Assistant
Salary: £17,680 (reviewed at the end of probation)
Job Type: Permanent
Hours of work: 40 hours per week - 8am - 5pm (8 hours + 1hr Lunch)
Location: Cradley Heath
Office Angels are excited to be working with a well-established dynamic manufacturing company. They are looking for a transport assistant to come in and hit the ground running, the ideal candidate would have experience in the use of SAP system and good geographical understanding. It is vital you need to know and understand routes around the Birmingham area. You will be responsible for working with a range of internal and external stakeholders to ensure smooth running of outbound and inbound deliveries.
Key responsibilities of a Transport Assistant will include:
Receiving inbound calls from existing customers and providing quotations - taking on average 50 calls a day
- Collaborate with internal departments, locations, and external entities, regarding deliveries that meet customer requirements.
- Coordinate inbound/outbound deliveries including ex works orders, liaising with the warehouse team, customers and shipping companies.
- Monitor orders and plan outbound transport requirements on the SAP system.
- Produce required documents for warehouse pick lists and deliveries.
- Ensure office wall displays are accurate at all times.
- Arrange deliveries of pallets and complete associated paperwork.
- Communicate with customers in a professional manner and maintain a strong working relationship with all internal stakeholders.
- Use initiative and problem solving skills to maintain an effective transport department.
- Ensure all incoming telephone calls and communications are answered in a timely and professional manner.
- Assist the wider office in ensuring telephones and work duties are covered during specified office hours.
- All employees are responsible for product safety, quality and legality.
- To work within the Companies top four priorities of Safety, Quality, Service and Efficiency.
- To comply with all Company Policies and General Manufacturing Processes.
Desired Skills & Experience of a Transport Assistant:
- GCSE's in Mathematics and English (C or above).
- Experience working in a transport team with transport planning is desirable.
- A general awareness of UK & EU Geography, negotiating skills and time management are essential.
- Need to be computer literate, able to work on a range of software including Microsoft Office.
- Qualifications in Transport related fields would be desirable.
- Previous experience in a customer service based role would be desirable.
The role of a Transport assistant is office based, where you will be spending most of your time sitting and working at a computer.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job, with or without reasonable accommodation. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, qualifications, or working conditions. Employees are expected to maintain regular and consistent attendance and comply with the company's policies and procedures as a condition of employment.
If you are interested in the Transport Assistant position, please apply to this position or contact
Office Angels is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.