Senior Database Developer
Senior Database Developer to be a key member of the Senior Management Team working to help our transformation program with establishing a fundamental change to our existing database solution and modernising it with new techniques.
This individual will be as comfortable during the recovery of a database, backing up and testing the backups as well as using optimising techniques and tools such as Redgate.
They will also be comfortable getting their hands dirty with TSQL development and they must be able to debug our core stored procedures and working out how best to optimise and improve them.
• Investigate and provide alternative solutions to our status quo of MSSQL and where appropriate ensure other technologies are always considered when feasible.
• Help with transformation program with establishing fundamental changes to existing database solution and modernising it with new techniques.
• Must be comfortable getting their hands dirty within our core stored procedures and working out how best to optimise them. (200 stored procedures)
• Excellent knowledge of MS SQL 2008/2012/2016
• Ability to maintain and manage SQL server
• Loves a challenge and gets bored with the status quo; entrepreneurial and ready to step into the unknown and turn ideas & innovation into reality
• Excellent knowledge of SSIS and SSRS
• Understanding of cloud based DB platforms including Azure and AWS RDS/Standalone
• Understanding of other DB technologies including MySQL/NoSQL/MongoDB/Redis
• Development and debugging skills including scripting and knowledge of languages such as .NET/Java etc.
• Excellent knowledge of TSQL and development of stored procedures (including but not limited to standard primitives, Merge, Scalar function, Table value functions, Window Functions, CTE, DML Triggers, Sequences, Framing functions, Try/Catch etc).
• You will make a difference and an impact with a view of the bigger picture in 6, 12, 24 months time
If this sounds like you or you would like more information, please contact me ASAP on 0121 237 2665 or email@example.com, alternatively apply below.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business