Our client, a leading British logistics provider who have been established for over 30 years, operate in ocean and air freight services to blue chip clients. They are now looking for an Logistics Procurement Operator to join their expanding offices in Birmingham Business Park.
As the Logistics Procurement Operator you will be responsible for:
- Developing and build relationships to ensure a high level of customer service is provided at all times
- Making sure freight is moved to customer specifications and on time with all legal documentation
- Keeping a record of daily events and interactive reports
- Arranging haulage with shipping line
- Negotiating rates with blue chip clients
- Maintain profit and loss data for all accounts
- Checking freight prior to dispatch
- Dealing with requests and queries within a timely manner
- Communicating with overseas agents
The successful candidate for the role of the Logistics Procurement Operator will have:
- Minimum of 1 years' experience in freight forwarding
- Export experience involving shipments to global destinations
- Experience of negotiating rates
- Familiarity with use of haulage, sea, road, rail and air forms
- Experience managing client relationships
- International experience and ability to work with a global network of agents, suppliers, hauliers, rail and air lines
As the Logistics Procurement Operatoryou will have previous experience working within a freight forwarding environment and must be prepared to travel at short notice as and when required.
In return the Logistics Procurement Operator will receive a basic salary of between GBP20,000 - GBP25,000
If you think you have what it takes to apply for this role, please click apply and send us your CV.
Please Note: We do not contact or write to unsuccessful candidates. If you have not heard anything from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, you should presume that your application was unsuccessful.