Logistics Export Operative
Our client, a leading British shipping company who have been established for over 30 years, with an excellent reputation within the industry, are currently looking for 3 experienced Logistics Export Operators to join their expanding offices in Solihull.
As the Logistics Export Operative you will be responsible for:
- Developing and build relationships to ensure a high level of customer service is provided at all times
- Making sure freight is moved to customer specifications and on time with all legal documentation
- Keeping a record of daily events and interactive reports
- Arranging haulage with shipping line & hauliers
- Negotiating and agreeing costings
- Checking freight invoices prior to dispatch
- Dealing with requests and queries within a timely manner
- Communicating with overseas agents
The successful candidate for the role of the Logistics Export Operative will have:
- Minimum 2 years' experience in Freight forwarding
- Export experience involving shipments to global destinations
- Familiarity with use of haulage, sea, road, rail and air forms
- Experience managing client relationships
- International experience and ability to work with a global network of agents, suppliers, hauliers, rail and air lines
As the Logistics Export Operative you will have previous experience working within a freight forwarding environment, have the ability to grow repeat business and develop new opportunities.
In return the Logistics Export Operative will receive a basic salary of GBP20,000 - GBP25,000 depending upon experience
If you think you have what it takes to apply for this role, please click apply and send us your CV.
Please Note: We do not contact or write to unsuccessful candidates. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of the closing date, you should presume that your application was unsuccessful.