Dean Healthcare are recruiting for a full time Registered General Nurse to work nights within a 45-bedded home located in the Herefordshire countryside which provides care for older people, some of whom may have dementia. The successful applicant will take the lead in caring for the residents and have overall responsibility for the home at night.
This is a temporary to permanent position so the right candidate will have a compassionate approach and be confident in your clinical ability to provide life-enhancing nursing care that protects the dignity of the client and is in line with their personalised care plan. You will need to be dedicated to empowering everyone in your care, with a strong desire to achieve the best possible outcomes on every shift. You'll be a natural leader, equally comfortable with delegating tasks to colleagues as you are completing a medication round accurately.
Your responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Leading the night care team in caring for residents
- Taking charge of the home and dealing with any emergency situations, with support if necessary from the On-call Manager
- Administering medication and carrying out other nursing procedures
- Developing, implementing and evaluating programmes of care
- Maintaining computerised care records
- Supervise and teach care staff
- Provide verbal information on the condition of residents at each handover, and to management and visiting healthcare professionals when required
- Ensure that medications are ordered, stored and administered in accordance with the law, current guidelines and our internal procedures
- Report and record all incidents and accidents arising in the home
- Assisting care staff in providing personal care to our residents and attending to all aspects of their needs
- Maintaining the dignity and privacy of residents and respecting their individual needs
- Assisting with any other tasks as requested to ensure the smooth running of the home
- Attending and participation in orientation, mandatory and other training as required
- The right to live and work in the UK
- 12 months' post-qualification experience in a similar setting
- Writing and evaluating care plans
- Current valid NMC registration/pin
In return for your hard work and dedication we can offer:
- Fantastic rates of pay up to GBP23.00 per hour.
- Free mandatory and specialised training including Medication, BLS and Epilepsy Training.
- Holiday Pay and enhanced Bank Holiday pay.
- This is a wonderful opportunity for an enthusiastic and committed individual willing to support the service users with all aspects of daily living.